Removing Coffee Stains from the Office Carpet
If you treat a coffee spill quickly and effectively, it doesn’t have to be a lingering stain sat on the office carpet forever. The faster the spill is treated the more chance you have of making sure that the floor remains in immaculate condition, so it’s important to act before the coffee dries.
1. Take a paper towel or clean cloth and gently blot the area of the spillage whilst still wet in order to absorb as much of the coffee as possible.
2. Mix together a tablespoon of liquid dishwasher, two cups of warm water and a tablespoon of vinegar. The vinegar works to remove the coffee from the carpet fibres whilst the liquid dishwasher helps to dissolve the stain.
3. Apply the solution to the stain and start by blotting the outer area of the and working into the centre.
4. Once the solution has been applied to the affected area, rinse away with clean water and then continue blotting until the solution and stain are both removed
5. Make sure that the area of the carpet is left dry. Pop a clean kitchen cloth or towel over the area and add a weighty object on. Leave until the area is dry and the once stained patch of carpet should appear good as new.
Liquid dishwasher is usually a mild substance and shouldn’t cause any damage to the carpet, but just as a precaution, it is always a good idea to test on an inconspicuous area of the floor rather than directly over the stain.
When dealing with a particularly intractable stain, you can also try forming a paste made from a mix of baking soda and water, spreading into the stain and once left to dry hoovering away the residue.
If you are interested in our commercial cleaning service visit our site for a free no
obligation site visit!
Phone: 0191 3790097